Between the years 2012 and 2018, the percentage of Namibians who felt safe in their neighbourhood dropped from 67.7 % to only 56.3 %. With ODEC, we want to counter this negative trend and try to offer safety, trust and confidence.
- A place of trust for the neighbourhood for all concerns and issues
- A safe place for vulnerable people
- A place to go for victims of domestic violence or child abuse
- A meeting place for young and old
- A place for cultural and sporting events
Sports strengthen the sense of community and convey team spirit and fairness. That is why the ODEC will also be a place for sporting events for example sport events once month for all participants of the centre. The location right next to a large sandy area useable by the public is ideal for this.
The education centre is also available to the community as a place to prepare for professional life. CV’s and motivational letters can be written on computers that will be provided for exactly this purpose.